Writers Support Group
Writing can be a solitary pursuit. When you come to Vintage Cottage writing classes and events, you’ll be part of a community. Our Writers Support Group brings writers together to share experience, advice, information, and inspiration. We meet at 10 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month. Click here for our calendar.
- January 11: Back Cover Copy
- February 8: Brainstorm Your Book
- March 14: Book Proposals that Pop
- April 18: Websites for Writers
- May 9: Social Media for Writers
- June 13: The Art of Self-Editing
Please note that we need at least 3 participants to hold each session, so encourage your writing friends to come, too! We’ll confirm each meeting by 6 p.m. the night before. Check our Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates.
Writing can be a lonely process, with a learning curve that never ends. When you join our Writers Support Group, you can:
- Meet fellow writers
- Make friends
- Celebrate success
- Share resources
- Trade tips and techniques
- Offer encouragement
- Ask questions
- Get feedback
- Stay motivated
- Be inspired
This is a support group, not a critque group.
- We focus on strengths, not weaknesses.
- We meet to cooperate, not compete.
What can you expect?
Each meeting follows the same basic format.
- Welcome. Each meeting begins with introductions and an easy icebreaker questions, like, “What book are you reading right now?”
- Discussion. We’ll focus on a single topic — how to write your author bio, for example.
- Practical experience. We’ll spend a few minutes developing a rough draft related to the topic at hand, and then share our results.
- We’ll close with final thoughts and follow-up ideas.
Admission is free for members of the Vintage Cottage Writers Group, and $10 for future members.
About the Organizer
Corrine Kenner is a former newspaper reporter, magazine editor, and public relations specialist. She’s the author of more than two dozen books, including “Tarot for Writers,” “Astrology for Writers,” and “The Ghosts of Devils Lake.” You can find her books at the Vintage Cottage and on Amazon at https://amazon.com/author/corrinekenner.
Text Corrine at 386-414-3794
Facebook messenger: m.me/vintagecottageantiques